Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Playdate #1

Okay. . . I actually pulled myself together and took Harry to the new playgroup. He had a great time, but we were at the park, so that was pretty much guaranteed. There were five (?) other moms there with one or two kids each, and while Harry was the youngest, there were two boys and a girl who were just a few months older. Harry didn't go out of his way to play with the other kids, but I got to talk to three of the moms, and we got beyond the usual "playground" chat: How old? Does he talk? Cute outfit!

Harry and I will definitely go back, but between school and work, I'm really going to have to push myself. And now that I've been to the group and realize that these moms are not just waiting to judge me for using disposable diapers or letting Harry watch TV, it shouldn't be too hard.

No comments: