Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Airborne

We are taking our first family vacation and we're leaving on Friday. We are driving three hours to the airport and then flying to Salt Lake City, where Kevin is going to ski and I am going to see Frances! She is one of my oldest and dearest friends, and on my top 10 list of people I desperately want to see she holds spaces 1 through 3 because I love her that much! If not for the magic of alphabetical locker assignments in junior high we probably would never have spoken to one another. I'm not sure I even ever had a class with her all through junior and senior high - she was focusing on English and journalism while I did everything I could to never set foot outside the visual arts department - but here we are, 10 years later, still in touch and I can't wait to see her!

So, Kevin's skis are packed, my diaper bag is full to overflowing, and I've got a nice little pile of baby necessities in 3-oz containers to fill my single one-gallon zip-top bag for the TSA. Look for a rundown some time after February 5. . .

No comments: