Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who needs sleep when I can see this smile?

Here are those teeth I was writing about a few months ago.



Those bottom two came together in late October, and when Harry didn't cut another tooth until Christmas, I was worrying that he was only ever going to have two teeth. The teeth always seem to be accompanied by a week or two of horrendous sleep, and I have to remind myself that Kevin and I aren't the only ones being woken up by this: Harry is the one with the pain, and he's waking up three or four times a night, too. Since he's been sleeping through the night for the most part right now, I feel confident in saying that Tooth #4 is not on the horizon yet.

Any sleepless nights right now are my own fault. I started a chemistry class this week as part of my 845-step plan to get a better job with better pay. I think this is step 20. For better or worse, the class is online. I'm grateful that I'm not commuting 30 miles each way because I can't afford the gas and couldn't bear to spend an hour in the car when I could be with Harry and Kevin, but I was doing a lab online last night and completely lost track of time. I forced myself to call it a night at 10:45, but unless I staple my watch to my wrist, I think this might happen again.

No comments: