Thursday, August 11, 2011

Been a Long Time

Are you still here?

Well, busy is the name of the game. Working full time has some perks. Okay, one perk: the paycheck. And if I didn't have medical insurance through Kevin, work would have a second perk. Actually, I really like my job, but I haven't moved off of training and on to third shift yet, so check back with me in about a month and I'll let you know how that's working out.

The hardest thing about working full time, particularly after working from home for so long, is time. Getting up at 5:15 is ridiculous, pure and simple, but getting out of work at 3:00 or 3:30 is a joy, especially when I can pick up Harry at daycare by 4:00 and watch him run to me for a hug. I'm always happy to see him, of course, but after working nine hours sometimes a girl just wants to go home, swap the scrubs for pajamas, and read a book.

We're also testing the real estate waters, seeing if we can sell our house and upgrade/upsize a little, so keeping the house in a state of perpetual cleanliness, decluttered and curb appealed, is no mean feat. I feel like I spend half of my time making dinner and the other half of my time cleaning the kitchen and sweeping the dining room floor.

But if I can have a two-car garage and a master bathroom, it will all be worth it.

No comments: