Sunday, February 13, 2011

Three Oh

I've given it seven days, and I have to say, being 30 isn't too bad. It probably helps that in the last seven days I've done a few awesome things that I hadn't done before, like eat at Smashburger, see Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt in concert, and spend too much money on a too-small bottle of Soak, which is a lovely wool wash for knit projects, and some new yarn.

And then Kevin's parents came to visit yesterday and brought a cake from our hometown bakery, which is covered in icing to the point where there was not room to write anyone's name on the top. And that is not a problem for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh. Never heard of it. How long has it been in the 'Zoo?

Kate said...

It's new, maybe since Christmas? Apparently it's a chain, and I'd really recommend finding out if there's a location in VA Beach...