Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Dude: Progress

As you may or may not remember, I took on a massive knitting project earlier this year. If you haven't seen The Big Lebowski, or perchance do not remember the sweater in question, here is the movie poster/DVD case image. It's been about eight weeks since the project began, and I'm pleased to report my progress here:



All major pieces are knit (large back piece, two smaller front pieces, two sleeves). I have yet to knit the collar and the long, skinny facing pieces that will go down the center, onto which the zipper will be sewn. And speaking of zippers, if you have a 25-inch zipper, preferably metal and preferably ugly, that you would like to give me, please let me know! (My back-up plan is to find an XL sweatshirt at Goodwill and poach the zipper.)


Above picture is for scale. Not really: Harry just likes to sit on my knitting. But yes, this an incredibly large sweater: 30 inches long, and 50+ inches around. As soon as this sweater is done I go back to knitting for tiny people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!