Thursday, November 05, 2009

Unexpected Pleasures

It's just been that kind of day. I was at the grocery store today and ran into a friend of mine from our knitting group. Since we both have husbands and kids and housework, neither one of us makes it to Saturday knitting all that often, but it was just fun to actually see someone I know, to talk to an adult for a few minutes.

Harry and I also went to the hospital pharmacy today (employee discount!) to pick up what we hope will be the silver bullet for Kevin's migraines, and one of the little old lady volunteers said, "Doesn't that baby look just like his mommy?" After hearing that Harry looks just like Kevin about one thousand times, it felt pretty good to think that someone believes my adorable child favors me, even in the slightest.

I also finished knitting Christmas Item #3 this afternoon, which means I can get back to working on The Dude this weekend!

Edited to add a few more bits of wonderful:

Pumpkin pancakes: I made these for dinner and only wish your computer came equipped with Smellovision so you could understand how unbelievably good my kitchen smells.

AND my sister and brother-in-law were informed today that they will be traveling to Ethiopia in December to meet their son and bring him home!

No comments: