Sunday, May 25, 2008

Welcome to the World, Harrison!

Harrison Daniel was safely delivered at 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday, May 20. Since Harry's finally consented to sleep in his bassinet, I thought I'd take the opportunity to update.



I went into labor as soon as I got into bed Monday night, just after 11:00, and by 12:30 Kevin and I were at the hospital. Harry was born after two hours of laboring down (letting the contractions do their own thing without pushing) after getting my epidural and two more of actual pushing. He came out screaming with his eyes wide open. Kevin cut the cord, which was something he wasn't sure he wanted to do until the situation actually presented itself.

All four grandparents came in to meet the baby about an hour later, after he'd been cleaned up and checked out and Kevin and I had spent a few private, quiet moments with him.


After two nights in the hospital, the whole family came home Thursday afternoon. Kevin is on paternity leave, Mom and Dad have been bringing meals and some light groceries, and Kevin's parents left a cherry pie, providing a sugar surge at exactly the right time.

Amazingly enough, Harry is still asleep. I think I'll follow his lead. . .

1 comment:

T. Michael W. Halcomb said...

congratulations!!!!