Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Timing Is Everything

It was back to school today after a week off. Spring Break was ridiculously late, coinciding with the local public schools instead of the standard college/university break in March. I would have almost preferred not even having Spring Break, trading a few days off this late in the semester for the chance to be finished with classes one week earlier.

As it is, I have finals May 1, 2, and 6, and I'm kind of paranoid that I'm going to go into labor before I'm done taking my exams. I wasn't worrying about it until recently, since my due date is May 27, but when I saw my doctor last week, he said, "I think your baby is a little bigger than average." So, is the baby big because he's getting ready to make an early appearance? Or is my due date off? Or I am just going to be commuting, miserably huge and probably waddling, that last week of classes with this worry at the back of my mind? I should have no problem remembering the functions of calcium in the renal system while trying to determine if that twinge in my belly was a Braxton-Hicks contraction or the real thing.

No comments: