Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Second Time Around

Maybe one of my favorite things about having children is sharing with them things that I love. It's a proud fact that my son could name all four members of The Beatles by age 2, and can recognize Cat Stevens's voice. Harry also has a love of baking, and it makes my day to make chocolate chip cookies with him. Kevin and I both played soccer for years, and for a 4-year-old, Harry has a pretty accurate kicking ability.

I also love going back to things that I read or watched or listened to in my own childhood. Some things don't stand up that well after a few years (Fraggle Rock, anyone?), but others amaze me even more now at 31 than they did at 4 or 6 or 10 years of age. Last night Harry and I finished Charlotte's Web. As I read the last chapter, I was choked up but held it together until I tucked Harry in and left his room, but by the time I got down the stairs I was crying. Kevin asked what was wrong, and I said, "We finished the book." He looked at me like I was a little crazy, and I said, "The really good children's books are just so good, you know?"

What has come back around for you and stood the test of time?

2 comments:

chinatour said...

Congratulations for this wonderful reading article. I found it very informative and interesting too, I think you are a brilliant writer. I have bookmarked your blog and will return in the future. I want to encourage you to continue that marvelous work, have a great daytime!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China travel packages | Asia tour packages | China city tour packages

Learn Chinese language on hanbridgemandarin said...

Hanbridge offers a range of language learning programs from beginner to advanced . These programs are designed to arm you with basic linguistic competency up to full fluency in Mandarin Chinese. To ensure relevancy, Hanbridge will tailor our courses to meet your particular needs and to help you flourish in your daily life in China.



More Chinese learning tags : Chinese Teaching Online | best way to learn Chinese online | Learn mandarin online course