Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Another rainy day after a cold but sunny weekend, and I have made the most of it.
Harry and I had a playdate with our favorite friends, who happen to enjoy potato chips in the morning just as much as we do. Harry and his buddy took turns jumping on the bed and sneaking drinks from the other's juice cup. I also really love it when another mom/wife has the same gripes and groans that I have, and we can share a "right on, sister!" moment. (Today's bonding topic: Guilty feelings when we're jealous of husbands who get to leave the house on a daily basis sans toddler.)
.
I finished The Secret Garden during Harry's nap, a book I have not read since second grade and certainly did not enjoy then nearly as much as I did as an adult.
And once Harry woke up we had lunch and then took a trip to one of our favorite places, the local health food store.
.
We, of course, go for the bulk food, not the crazy-expensive produce. Peanut butter pretzels. . .
.
.
.
.
. . . which I somehow managed to avoid polishing off on the drive home. (Pat on the back.)
.
What simple pleasure did you enjoy today?
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple pleasures abound around here! When I got home this afternoon I had a raging case of hiccups. My hiccup cure is to hold my breath with my head down and eyes closed (usually pressing a pillow to my face). Scooter wanted in on the action and he laid in my lap and purred while I tried to get rid of my hiccups.

Kate said...

Adorable, Lady U!