Monday, May 05, 2008

How Great Is Today?

There is some sort of cosmic wonderfulness happening today. Kevin's coworkers threw him a surprise baby shower at lunch today, cleverly disguising it as Cinco de Mayo party and inviting me on the sly. In addition to awesome and generous gifts of diapers, receiving blankets, adorable clothes, and a swing, I also got to indulge myself in a really good lunch: spinach dip with rye bread, pasta salad with gigantic olives, lemonade, and Lesley's amazing brownies. I'm pretty sure I found caramel, chocolate chunks, AND coconut in there.

On top of the baby shower, the weather here is gorgeous and my checkbook balanced. I think I should buy a lottery ticket.

3 comments:

frances said...

i would like in on your lottery ticket, please! that is a lucky day if i have ever heard of one, and the office powerball is a loser. again.

Bria said...

KATE!!!! I am so excited that I found your blog! I read Frances' blog and saw a comment by a "Kate" and I thought to myself "hmm...could this be THE Kate." And it is!

Congratulations on the upcoming baby! That is wonderful! You and Kevin are as adorable as ever!

Kate said...

Wow, THE Bria! Frances told me she ran into you out there in cyberspace. Hopefully I can run into you in real life soon - Karin and Todd's wedding? We're hoping to make it, assuming things go well with the birth, the baby isn't way overdue, and all three of us feel ready to leave the house for a weekend. It's a boy, BTW...

Leave your email next time you check in (I won't post it) and we can catch up a little more.