Saturday, November 11, 2006


Sadly, there have been very few new knitting projects lately. I've been slammed with work, making me wonder if everyone in my area code has been to see their doctor recently. When you type for a doctor, you tend to become somewhat of a hypochondriac, and thus what is likely my strained right elbow has, in a matter of two weeks, been self diagnosed as carpal tunnel, rheumatoid arthritis, tendinitis, and bursitis. Now that it's clearing up with some rest and the occasional dose of Aleve, I've finally admitted that it probably is just a strain. My dad's sailing buddy, the PT, recommends bicep curls.

In an effort to rest the arm, I had to lay off the knitting since laying off the typing ($) wasn't really an option. I realized that television is a lot less interesting when one has nothing with which to occupy the hands.

On a happier note, I was able to maintain contact with yarn by dying a few hanks of Knit Picks "Palette" that I had originally purchased in order to knit a pair of Latvian mittens. I had a big Kool-Aid and wool adventure in the kitchen and have been knitting some very original fingerless mitts. Pictures coming, just as soon as I locate the digital camera. . .

No comments: